The Basic Emergency Operations Center Functions course is designed to introduce the role, design, and function of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and the supportive relationship as a NIMS Command and Coordination component of the Multiagency Coordination System.
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role EOCs play in overall multiagency coordination.
- Describe the processes and procedures for activating the EOC.
- Describe the factors involved in staffing and organizing the EOC.
- Describe factors for effective EOCs.
- Identify considerations for deactivating the EOC within the context of Recovery.
- Given a scenario-based incident, utilize key EOC concepts to successfully complete the scenario.